The first step on the road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. At Renaissance Malibu, we understand how difficult it can be to come to this determination.
We encourage you to look over the questions below and see how many apply to you. If you answer yes to any of the questions, chances are you have a problem with drug and/or alcohol addiction that must be addressed. Please call 888.619.8500 or e-mail us to get help immediately.
1. Do you ever use alcohol or drugs alone?
2. Have you ever substituted one drug for another, thinking that one particular drug was the problem?
3. Have you ever manipulated or lied to a doctor to obtain prescription drugs?
4. Have you ever stolen drugs or alcohol or stolen to obtain drugs or alcohol?
5. Do you regularly drink or use a drug when you wake up or when you go to bed?
6. Have you ever taken one drug to overcome the effects of another?
7. Do you avoid people or places that do not approve of your drinking or using drugs?
8. Have you ever used a drug without knowing what it was or what it would do to you?
9. Has your job or school performance ever suffered from the effects of your alcohol or drug use?
10. Have you ever been arrested as a result of drinking or using drugs?
11. Have you ever lied about what or how much you use?
12. Do you put the purchase of alcohol or drugs ahead of your financial responsibilities?
13. Have you ever tried to stop or control your drinking or using?
14. Have you ever been in a jail, hospital, or drug rehabilitation center because of your drinking or using?
15. Does using alcohol or drugs interfere with your sleeping or eating?
16. Does the thought of running out of alcohol or drugs terrify you?
17. Do you feel it is impossible for you to live without using alcohol or drugs?
18. Do you ever question your own sanity?
19. Is your alcohol or drug use causing problems at home?
20. Have you ever thought you could not fit in or have a good time without alcohol or drugs?
21. Have you ever felt defensive, guilty, or ashamed about your drinking or using?
22. Do you think a lot about drinking or using drugs?
23. Have you had irrational or indefinable fears?
24. Has drinking or using affected your sexual relationships?
25. Have you ever taken drugs or alcohol that you did not prefer simply for the effect?
26. Have you ever used drugs or alcohol because of emotional pain or stress?
27. Have you ever overdosed on any drugs?
28. Have you ever experienced a “Blackout”?
29. Do you continue to use drugs or alcohol despite negative consequences?
30. Do you think you might have a drug or alcohol problem?
If you have answered yes to any or all of the above questions, now is the time to contact Renaissance Malibu at 888.619.8500 and discuss your options. Don’t wait to make the call. Get help now!